Saturday, October 15, 2011

COLOR!

Fall is really here!!  Colors are bursting out all over.  Everywhere I go, everywhere I look is so beautiful and so colorful!!  Oranges, golds, yellows, reds, pinks and all other various shades.  It's peak color in some areas but I'm happy to say that we probably have another week or so before we reach peak....longer to enjoy this fabulous season! I'm so blessed to live in such a beautiful area!!   I really haven't done much art this past week, it's too hard to make myself stay inside.  I did gather some huge acorns which many of you saw!  And I've shared the ones that haven't rooted with a few friends.  I've also gathered some leaves and I'm anxious to get some red hot Maple leaves so I can preserve them.  Hopefully you're all getting out and enjoying this wonderful fall weather!  Today I will paint!!!!!  But not until I've been outside, I love all  of the fall smells!!  And here's a few leaves for you.  :D

11 comments:

Boni said...

Awe Petey
You are a dear to share your fall with me :)
i have one little 28 year old red maple here in Fl that will eventually turn red LOL .
Thanks so much Hugs

Calmil2 said...

Beautiful picture!!! Makes me miss my childhood home in Wisconsin!!

Unknown said...

We didn't get much color this year and I live in Pennsylvania! We're supposed to be famous for our Autumn color. They're blaming it on the record heat and rains this year. We only have a bit of gold. The upside though- today is absolutely gorgeous! 63 degrees and blowy. I love this time of year. Giung to a party in Maryland on the Chesapeake-couldn't ask for better.

Irene said...

Living in Southern California I do not get to experience the dramatic changes of color. Thank for bringing this beauty to me.

Unknown said...

Wow, that fall photo is STUNNING!! And the preservation of leaves is so interesting. Your blog is so colorful and joyful, Pete. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Pretty!

Petie said...

Thanks so much for visiting!! Irene I lived in S. CA for 28 years and I sure did miss fall. I used to go to Ojai to get just a little taste of a change. Mary, the news said that our conditions were right for a super good show this fall and it appears they're right. Photos don't do it justice, or at least mine don't. :D

Lyn said...

Such stunning colours Phyl. We are enjoying an exceptionally warm autumn here in the UK. So wonderful to be able to prepare the garden for winter with the sun on your back. I saw your giant acorns..wow!! it must be a good year for acorns as the paths around my village are covered with them :) xo

bigmama1 said...

Woo Hoo! Petie's blog is a happy place. Heaven knows we that's exactly what we all need. Thank you for taking the time to make this blog and share your thoughts, art and dreams.

Petie said...

Thanks so much Big Mama! How can we not be happy with all this beauteous bounty around us? I'm so glad that you visited my blog! :D

carlanda brown williamson said...

oh phyllis, i love autumn. we don't get much color here at all, but i did get to experience some while in oregon. the colors take my breath away. thank you for sharing! xo